Meeting Schedules (Held at Town Hall):
Town Board Meeting: 3rd Tuesday of the month, at 6:30 P.M.
Planning Committee: Tuesday before the Town Board Meeting, at 7:00 P.M.???
Park Committee: 1st Monday of the month, at 7:00 P.M. (summer months only)
Sanitary Committee: 3rd Thursday of the month, at 4:00 P.M.
Friends of Abrams: 3rd Tuesday of the month, at 6:30 P.M.
Fire Department: 2nd Monday of the month, at 6:00 P.M. (held at the Fire Station)
Board of Review: Date varies, but usually held in June or July, look for announcements
Open Book Review: Held two weeks before Board of Review Meeting
Annual Town Meeting: 3rd Tuesday of April (Yearly)
Dog License – The license is issued from the Town Treasurer at The Town Hall by contacting them directly. Annual dog tags are available as well. The tag needs to be renewed every year, and is good from January 1st to December 31st. It needs to be issued by April 1st or else a late penalty fee will apply. If a dog bite incident occurs involving a registered dog, then the county may pay up to $1,000 in medical payments. The fee for the license is $3 for a dog that is spayed & neutered, otherwise the fee is $8. A signed rabies vaccination card is required.
Dan Bergh (920) 826-2299 Ext 5 or (920) 619-1522
Click on the link below for dog license & leash information for the Town of Abrams.
Oconto County ATV/UTV trails open the last Saturday in April (weather permitting) and close the first Sunday of November.
ProCheck Inspections, LLC– Bryan Lauritzen
Building Permit for Other (look under resources tab)
Wisconsin Construction Codes (look under resources tab)
For brush pile burning, burn barrels, or other open flames. This is an annual permit, good throughout Wisconsin, and issued from a Deputy Fire Warden at the Town Hall or Abrams Feed & Grain on Main Street. There is no fee for a burning permit. They are also available online: dnr.wi.gov
The Abrams Community Park at the end of Wickman Way is maintained by the Town of Abrams. The park includes a pavilion, concession stand, bathrooms, picnic tables, 3 baseball diamonds, bleachers, horseshoe throwing pit, batting cage, and a playground.
The park is available for rent for private functions. The rental fee is $100.00 with kitchen and bathroom facilities or bathroom only $25.00 with a $100 security deposit.
Contact: Gerry Yogerst (920) 370-7897
Contact the Abrams Town Clerk with any questions.
2024 Election Information
February 20, 2024 – Spring Primary; if necessary
April 2, 2024 – Spring Election & Presidential Preference
August 6, 2024 – Partisan Primary
November 5, 2024 – General Election
Register to vote using My Vote Wisconsin and submit to your Municipal Clerk.
To vote in Wisconsin you must first register to vote, be 18 years of age and a United States citizen.
Applications for Absentee Ballots must be submitted to your Municipal Clerk.
- Any qualified elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on Election Day may request to vote an absentee ballot. A qualified elector is any U.S. citizen, who will be 18 years of age or older on Election Day, and who has resided in the ward or municipality where he or she wishes to vote for at least 28 consecutive days before the election. The elector must also be registered in order to receive an absentee ballot.
- To obtain an absentee ballot you must make a request in writing.
- Contact your Municipal Clerk and request that an application for an absentee ballot be sent to you for the election. You may also request an absentee ballot by letter. Your written request must list your voting address within the municipality where you wish to vote, the address where the absentee ballot should be sent, if different, and your signature.
- Special absentee voting application provisions apply to electors who are indefinitely confined to a home or a care facility, in the military, hospitalized, or serving as a sequestered juror. If this applies to you, contact the Municipal Clerk.
- You can also personally go to the clerk’s office or other specified location, complete a written application, and vote an absentee ballot during the hours specified for casting an absentee ballot. Municipal Office hours vary, please call ahead.
- The deadline for voting In Person Absentee in the Municipal Clerk’s Office is 5 pm the Friday before the election.
- The deadline for making an application to vote absentee by mail is 5 pm on the 5th day before the election.
- Military electors should contact the Municipal Clerk regarding the deadlines for requestion or submitting an absentee ballot.
- The 1st day to vote an absentee ballot in the Municipal Clerk’s Office is the Monday three weeks prior to election day.
Voting in Person & What do I need to Bring on Election Day – A Valid/un-expired drivers license or ID Card – Acceptable Photo Id’s
Chairman: Don Demeny (920) 826-2299
Town Business – Debbie Winans (920) 826-7664
Town Road Business – Dennis Ferdon (920) 373-2806 Cell
Contact: (920) 834-6827
Oconto County Land & Water Resource
Contact: (920) 834-6827
Ray Rybka (920) 826-2299 Ext 6
Tara Klug (920) 826-2299 Ext 2
Jean Hansen (920) 826-2299 Ext 1
Contact: Sue Gubbles (920) 826-2299 Ext 3 or (920) 826-7285
Dist 8 Abrams – Morgan
Dave Behrend (920) 848-2028 email:email@example.com
Dist 9 Abrams – Morgan
Jolene Barkhaus (920) 609-1380
Contact: Curt Haffeman (920) 826-7674
Contact: Nancy Jensen (920) 826-5219
Town Hall (920) 826-2299 Ext 6
Water is supplied from groundwater wells.
Sewer in downtown vicinity only, separate from Town.
The Abrams Town Hall is located at 5877 Main Street, Abrams WI 54101, across from the Abrams Post Office.
The Abrams Town Hall is used in all Elections (this is your polling place).
It is also available for rent and offers a large gathering space for private events like showers, birthdays, etc. This includes access to the kitchen area, tables & chairs, and has a capacity for approximately 100 people. The rental fee is $100.00 plus a $100 security deposit ($200 Total). For more information or any questions you can contact the Town Clerk.
Contact: Treasurer (920) 826-2299 Ext 102
Oconto County mails property tax bills for the coming year in December of the previous year. Mailed payments shall have a Post Office postmark date for the first half no later than January 31st and the second half no later than July 31st to avoid late-payment fees.
To request a mailed receipt for payments done by mail to the Town Hall, include with payment a self-addressed stamped envelope, make sure you have sufficient postage. For in-person payment at the Town Hall, the Town Treasurer sets open office hours each year for December, January, these hours will be listed on the website’s main page.
Contact: (920) 826-2299 Ext 8
R&R Assessing (920) 846-4250
Contact: (920) 826-2299 Ext 9
The Town Garage is located behind the Town Hall on Main Street. The Town maintains a small fleet of trucks to perform winter snow clean up and minor road repair work.